Sunday, June 03, 2007

Blue Star Mother


I finally got my Blue Star flag from an American Legion man collecting donations for a Veteran's Memorial in Hamilton yesterday. I wanted one but didn't know how to go about finding it. This veteran had a supply of them with him. I have it hanging proudly in my trailer window. It signifies that I have a son or daughter serving in the armed forces. My grandmother had a four star banner hanging in her window during WWII. My soldier son, AJ, called today and we had a nice chat. He is coming home to the farm for a day or two next week, after going to a Yankee game (he's been a fan forever). I don't know who will be happier to see him, me or the doggies...they'll go nuts!

2 comments:

Aaron Joshua Oliver said...

Thanks Mom, though I can't help but think of those that have sacrificed so much more. I respect anyone who will gives of themself for a cause that's greater than they as an individual.

Kathleen said...

Wow. I was in the military for 27 years and never heard of a blue start flag. My parents would have liked one. Hmmm. I wonder why no one ever mentioned it.