Saturday, June 16, 2007

Making Progress



I came home from the Hamilton market to find Randy and Matt working hard on my workroom and the future insulated bunny room. No more bottles freezing when the temperature drops. Bunnies LOVE their water and like to sip all the time. Frozen bottles are very frustrating for them, and me, because they have to be thawed in buckets of hot water. Randy shovelled away a pile of hay/dirt outside the door of the milk room that was bothering me, and tidied up the walk into the apt. The place is looking great. The guys moved my little refrigerator into the apt. No more tiny propane trailer fridge! I can have ice! Tomorrow they sheet rock my work room and I can actually move my sewing machine in there, so I can sew and look out at the sheep grazing in the field. The milk room with the concrete floor and drain will be used for making soap, dyeing and wet felting. Maybe I can finally get some fiber washed and dyed to be carded for fall shows. I can hardly move in here now, with fabric everywhere, soap making supplies, vet supplies, computer/office stuff and piles of laundry. Matt is pushing hard to have things ready for Hannah and Luke to come on July 12. I can hardly believe it is happening myself. I haven't seen them in a year - what a shame to miss all that growing and sharing. Long distance grandparenthood is a real bummer.

No comments: