Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tiny Tina


Here is Tiny Tina in her little Lamb Coat. She is one day old and such a sweet, friendly little lamb. When I talk to her she answers me with a little baaaa. I am supplementing her mother's milk with a couple of ounces of milk replacer severl times a day. We call that "cheap insurance" - making sure the little belly is full if we suspect the lamb is not getting enough nourishment. The bottle does not turn the lamb off on nursing from the mother sheep.

It will be a long night ahead - still hideously cold. I will have to do some night checking. Several ewes are all puffed up, bagged up and ready to go. Why, oh why didn't they do it during my waking hours? I'll never know...

Off to another walk through...

1 comment:

ellen said...

soooo cute. and what a **fashionable** little coat! Hey, just curious, why breed for winter lambing?