Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Birthday AJ and MIa


Today is my twins birthday...they are 27! I couldn't sleep last night, thought for sure lambs were coming. One ewe gently "pushing" on her back end before I went to bed, so I thought I would get some sleep before it happened. Went out at 1:30, everthing quiet. I got the dogs to barking, and they barked all night. Must have been coyotes around, in which case I am glad they are barking. Chris and Breeze would stomp on anything that came in the barn to get the lambs, but the barking tells them to stay away in the first place.


27 years ago I was in labor all night. Yikes, it still hurts to think about it, and every time I am with a sheep in labor I feel her pain. My twins were six weeks premature, easy to push out I thought, unlike Eric, the 9 pounder I had first. Mia just popped out - perfect little darling she was and always has been. AJ never came down and Elizabeth Coultas had her arms in me up to her elbows pulling him out. Just like I have done with sheep. Ohhhhhh, the pain. Then he was sick, so sick. Now they are both big, healthy, happy, grown-up kids...but they will always be my little twin stars.

No comments: