Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer Sunday



The weather is spectacular this weekend.  I feel sorry for the people who are stuck inside with work or illness.  Matt is still in the hospital, sounding a little blue this morning and I don't blame him.  The doctors are still not on top of his foot infection and he's stuck in bed with four IV's hanging.  Sounds like they are throwing everything they've got at it.  I'm doing chores then driving over to Cooperstown to bring him the Sunday paper.  I have to unload the rest of the 100 pound feed sacks out of the car and up the steps.  Got one done last night.   I can do it if I toss them end over end but it's a struggle.  If I put them on the dolly I can't pull it up the steps.  Not as strong as I used to be and that annoys me.   Mary and Robert are coming over to help me tonight - God Bless Them.   I have wool to put out for drying.   I am so blessed.  Whenever I start to feel sad or lonely all I have to do is get out a raw fleece and I'm magically restored.  Same thing with sewing and knitting, or a walk to the pond.  I have many mechanisms to employ as anti-depression devices.  I have this beautiful land to fortify me.  Then there are my doggies, and kitties, and sheep, and goats, and chickens, and ducks, and pigs.  Yes, the pigs.   If we can manage it Sue Ellen and Scarlett are going to meet their destiny tomorrow.  Trying not to think too hard about it.  I will feel more relaxed about leaving for work every day without them roaming around.  They will feed us for a year or so.

No comments: