Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pacifica Revisited

Every year or so I do a Pacifica run of my Mother Fiber roving.  Why Mother Fiber?  Because Wool is the Mother of All Fibers!  This version of Pacifica will be mostly greens and blues, with a hint of dark purple for the depths of the ocean.  I've had quite a time getting all my wool and mohair dry this winter.  My large over-kill wood stove is helping.  With temps quite cold this weekend and the stove roaring I should be able to get the last turquoise wool dry.  This run will consist of Bluefaced Leicester, Merino and kid mohair.  The Merino is courtesy of my good friend and shearer for years and years, Big Jim Baldwin.  The BFL and kid mohair is my own.  Should be wonderfully soft and lovely.

2 comments:

Bea Sluszka said...

Hi Maggie, I know it's not the norm for people to comment on your blog entries, but I've been reading your farm stories for several years, now, and I just couldn't linger any longer without telling you how much fun they are for me. In the beginning, I used them to remind myself of how much I love sheep and spinning. I don't actually have any sheep, but you can imagine that does not stop me from loving them and their beautiful fiber. Of couse, it wasn't long before I was sucked in to your life, following along as you anticipated your grandkids' visits and recovered from them. Empathizing with you as you work with the BOCES kids (I, too, work in a special ed setting) and long for the days when you can stay home on your farm and only do what you love the most. I guess that about says it all. As always, I'll be reading along with your life and wishing you the very best. Bea

Tina said...

Hi Maggie...

Will you have Pacifica with you at the MD Sheep and Wool Festival?

Thanks,
Tina Hamilton