Monday, December 03, 2012

Stunning

This gorgeous hand felted and embellished bag was created by Carol of Crayonbox Designs.  I can't imagine why it didn't sell at Plowshares, but then, it wasn't a bag show.  There were several talented bag makers there and I noticed not much was moving out of their racks either.  That's okay - everything keeps for the big wool shows coming up in the spring, like Maryland and Bouckville.  I sold the latest Latin Axioms Messenger Tote to a woman whose daughter was studying Latin.  She also ordered one for her other daughter who is taking Latin.  I brought my other totes home to save for Maryland.  Carol uses my wool and other local shepherd's for her lovely creations.   I can't imagine the patience it takes to felt all the different fibers, and they felt at different paces, for her bags.  The hours are incalculable yet she charges very reasonable prices.  Her art is her reward.  This and other gorgeous bags, hats and gloves are available at Crayonboxdesigns.com.

No comments: