Friday, October 28, 2011

TGIF

Okay, so I'm very fortunate to have my job, but there are some days...well, suffice it to say it's not easy to work with this student population. I'll be happy to be home with my sheep, who present their own set of problems. (They just eat me out of house and home and get me in trouble with the neighbors.) I'm very grateful for the weekend. It might be a bit cold for the farmer's market tomorrow. The Earlville Opera House called me and asked if I would participate in their holiday show. I had not done so for a couple of years but told them fine with me, I'll do it. I like to support local arts, and it gives me a chance to show off what I can do. The Opera House puts on a lovely show with incredibly beautiful handcrafted things all made by locals. The Delaware Riverkeeper Network is not holding their fundraising craft show this year so I am down one show. I'll really miss Tim and his staff and, having lived near or on the Delaware for so long, I liked supporting their work. I still have the Plowshares Craftsfair and Peace Festival on December 3-4 in Syracuse. I adore that happy, hippie festival, and the crafters are sooo talented. I have to get working on bags, as I've spent a LOT of time playing with my fibers, my first love. That's why I have my babies who take up so much time, money and care. In winter, when the sheep and goats are sticking to the barn, I am able to rub noses with them more easily. What sweeties they are and sooo beautiful with those great big pretty eyes...

No comments: