Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Happy Birthday




My students made me a birthday cake and we had a celebration in school today. I was completely surprised and thrilled. Gretchen and Laurie made me a colorful goodie basket, filled with all the things teachers love, including tea, coffee, almonds, chocolate, soup mix and a 2012 Farmer's Almanac!! I can use the almanac as a teaching tool with my students. My class made painted gourds yesterday when I was absent, and I was presented with one for my birthday. Sharon gave me lovely sheep napkins to match the sheep pad she gave me last year. Rosanna brought me a bag of delicious red apples from a tree on her farm and we made apple sauce, along with a big pot of chili. My room was truly a house o' plenty today.

1 comment:

~ Teresa ~ said...

Well, Happy Birthday!