Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fingerlakes 2010


The Genessee Valley Handspinners hosted another fabulous fiber festival this year. The weather cooperated and the crowds came out. Kimmie Cornerstone met me in the little town of Hemlock Friday night and we set up the booth. The temperature dipped but we were fairly snug, warm and comfy in the back of Kim's van. Saturday brought lots of enthusiastic fiber lovers from the Rochester area. I met several readers of this journal and we shared hugs and good vibes. It never ceases to give me pleasure and reassurance to hear how people log in daily to check on the farm. One farm friend scolded me for "going to New Jersey and disappearing" for a week and warned me to "never do that again!" I had much encouragement and validation by patrons who come back year after year to buy soap and hand creme. Handspun yarn sales were pretty good considering there was booth after booth of beautiful yarns and fibers everywhere you turn. Kim and I had dinner with Libby Llop Saturday night and participated in the Spin-In with some Genessee Valley spinners before turning in early. Sunday morning dawned cool and foggy but the sun came out to give us a lovely afternoon. All in all it was a good weekend. Kim did her usual fantastic packing job and I was on my way back to the farm.

1 comment:

Diane said...

How funny that you included my comments on your days of MIA!! I was just in the upstairs closet fondeling some of your wool. Thanks for the soap-it's in my basket of skeins. So nice to see you.