Sunday, April 18, 2010

Way Too Much Fun



I don't know what to do first...pick wool, wash wool, stir the dye pot, play with kitties, go out on the hill and watch the sheep enjoy the green grass, come back in, cook eggs right out of the nest box, wash dyed wool and spread it to dry. I tell you I'm all over the place. The rest of the afternoon will be spent on soap. I love being "diversified," as Beatrix Potter encouraged her tenant farmers to be, but sometimes I feel like butter spread a little thin over toast ala Bilbo Baggins. In any case, I am having so much fun I can hardly stand it. I dyed this wool with Rit orange, but even with lots of vinegar the color didn't "bite" the way I wanted it to. After the orange was taken up by the wool I added some Jacquard Fuschia, and a marvelous thing happened! Gorgeous orangey/pink color! I don't like lackluster color. If I'm going to dye I want it to pack a punch, and Jacquard certainly does it. I buy it by the pound from Dharma in California, and it's cheap, easy and goes a long way.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Ohhhh love it!!!!
Kim