Thursday, April 29, 2010

On the Road Again - or Farm Aid



Maggie's Farm is off and running, heading south down the highway to the premier fiber event of the year, Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. At this moment sheep are in trailers, coming in from all over the country to be exhibited at the festival. Vendors who sell wool related craft items of every imaginable variety will be displayed. The trailer is packed, Kimmie Cornerstone, my right-hand woman is here helping me, and the weather is fantastic. This is the event where I bring all the Maggie's Farm products I've managed to make over the winter and sell them to recoup my farm expenses. It's very costly to keep all these critters and up to me to make it all work...a labor of love, but still hard work. Come and see us in Building 2, Booth 6, across from the enormous Susan's Fiber Shop from Wisconsin, and next to another bundaflicka potter from Minnesota, Jenny the Potter. Wild Fibers is also in my building. I'll see my idol, Linda Cortwright, founder and editor of Wild Fibers Magazine, the world traveller and fiber historian. Better get packing. I'm gone for the weekend.

3 comments:

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

Wishing you a great time at the market!!

Penny said...

Have a great time. I wish you a safe and profitable trip!!

Kim said...

See you there!