Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Taste of Summer


I thawed some blueberry sauce from berries I bought at the farmer's market last summer and poured it over hot pancakes. Very delicious and a real Sunday morning treat. Gray and misty outside but the forecast calls for a warming trend over the week ahead. Great time for new fleas to hatch and the barnyard to get muddier. There comes a time in the fall when I wish for a good freeze that will harden the ground. Every farmer knows what I am talking about. I got a couple of bags done yesterday and will cut up 33 pounds of patchouli and the same amount of almond today. I have the fabric and labels all ready for wrapping after it cures. I always thought soap making would be a good business for someone with kids at home, as all those little pairs of hands could do the stacking and wrapping. I have bags on the machine too. I'm torn between making product and working in the apartment, my old tug of war. Big show in three weeks and another a week later. I don't think I'll make any more Patchouli creme, as so few people like it. I'll give what I made for Christmas gifts. Sharon, our BOCES special ed. secretary is crazy about hers, and I adore mine. I put some on before class and the boys started hooting and hollering what's that smell?? Eeewwww!! I told them it's something men couldn't possibly understand and they liked that answer. They attributed that earthy aroma to the mysterious world of females, something they can relate to. I better leave my patchouli creme home. We're doing a Thanksgiving dinner in class next week. It will take some planning and logistics, but I think it will be a lot of fun and nice for the kids and me.

No comments: