Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Stoned


Matt has been sick a few days and now we know why. He asked me to take him to the ER tonight and I told him to let me feed the sheep first (like a good shepherd). He came out and said - take me NOW - so I did, with him writhing in pain on the floor of the minivan. With good reason...he has an 8 mm kidney stone and urinary tract infection. I left him in good hands and a drug induced haze. I was hoping they would admit him so he could keep the IV. Heck of a way to get out of doing chores, huh? Community Memorial in Hamilton is a great little hospital. The admitting nurse is from Brookfield and has a giant labyrinth on her land for people to walk in and meditate. Her husband has a space at the farmers market and made my ringy-dingy triangle I used to call the sheep until it fell down and was lost in the hay. Check out the labyrinth at www.crystallabyrinth2000.com. Matt's nurse asked me if I was the one who had the tote bags at the Earlville Opera House last year. Small town! Fortunately, I got home without hitting any deer and finished up. In for the night. Eggnog with whiskey anyone?

1 comment:

The socklady said...

Do hope Matt is up and at em soon. Will he have the laser treatment for the stone (smashed and then easier to pass), forget what its called.