Saturday, October 11, 2008

Jane Porter's Fiber Studio





Jane Porter is a dress designer who opened a shop in Hamilton. She teaches people to spin (on a Schacht wheel) and sells her own designer yarn. Her husband is a photographer and has a gallery in the same space. Jane is holding a fabric sale of her own amazing designer fabrics. I got some bag lining fabric for an incredible price. Even Candace fell prey to the kimono fabric. I got some hand stamped, handwoven tussah silk, and some neat fuzzy wool fabric for a great price. Have to keep those bags coming...She had all kind of fabulous trims, which I don't quite know how to incorporate into my bag design. Maybe in the future I'll start experimenting. Right now my bags are rather basic - and it seems to work for my customers. I'm so tired of my clothes and want to make some things for myself, but right now I have to make things to sell to pay for the hay I have to buy this winter. Skirts and dresses will have to wait.

No comments: