Friday, October 10, 2008

Back to the Farmer's Market


I'm going to the Farmer's Market tomorrow. Weather should be good. I sat through a day of special ed. law lecture for our staff developement, then went to Utica to pay my sales tax and get legal. NY State Sheep and Wool requires a current sales tax certificate, and, as usual, yours truly is flying by the seat of her pants. I obsessed about it all week and just wanted to get it done before the three day weekend. I have to send a copy to Amy Sherman, vendor chair, on Tuesday, for my "file." I don't know of any other show that's so strict. I found my way to the NY State office building in downtown Utica, map in front of my face, and had to show a photo ID to get beyond the lobby. Real nice people in the tax office, typical of Central New York. I'm free to sell my wares at Rhinebeck. On the way home I found the mythical Joann's fabrics, right on route 8. They have sales all the time, and had me apply for a 15% teacher's coupon. I've never seen such lines in a fabric store, for the cutting table, and for checking out. The sales lady held up my line to be sure I got my 15% teacher's cut. Once the market is over I am free to sew my fingers off. Five days before the show. My Miracle Daughter Mia is coming to watch the farm and do some pumpkin carving for me. Last year she had Jack-O-Lanterns glowing on the stoop when I pulled in from Rhinebeck. Pray the knitters coming upstate on buses from NYC still want their goodies...

No comments: