Monday, June 03, 2013

The Future is Here

I used to be concerned about having no one to pass my skills to.  I don't worry about it any longer.  My daughter, Mia, knits and spins - when she's not running marathons and working as a Nurse Practitioner.  Now Hannah, Eric and Annie's daughter, is spinning exquisitely beautiful yarns.  She learned by watching her mother who I taught to knit and spin when Hannah was born.  Hannah has been spinning on the Louet I bought for Annie on her first anniversary.   I've been very impressed with Hannah's yarn, and so appreciative of all the help she's been to me at NY State Sheep and Wool at Rhinebeck, and, more recently, at Maryland Sheep and Wool.   I gave Hannah a cherry Robin wheel for her 15th birthday.  How fitting that the Robin is made in southern Maine, where Hannah lives now.  This very classy and talented granddaughter of mine deserves a classy, hand crafted wheel.

No comments: