Thursday, June 06, 2013

Cuteness

I went out for my late night barn check and found Miss Fancy lying quietly near her babies' pen, with her girlfriend, Matilda.  It did not concern her that the little ones were jumping up and down, wanting their evening meal.  I mean, this was after ten o'clock.  I opened the pen and coaxed Fancy inside with corn.  I think she was more interested in corn than the babies.  They nursed eagerly.  Who knows when they had their last meal, as Fancy had been outside grazing for many hours. Surely her udder was full.  I don't think we are going to have any separation anxiety on Fancy's part when the time comes.  I think I will start milking her next week.  No time this weekend as I will be at the CNY Fiber Festival in Bouckville.  With Tropical Storm Andrea coming up the coast, who knows what the weather will be like. Secretly...I like it cool for the animals.  I hate to see wooly animals hauled to shows in the hot weather.  It's awful for them.

No comments: