Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Bunny

I've wanted an English Angora rabbit for some time now.  I had them for years and years, then tried raising Germans for a while.  I much prefer the English.  I used to call angora rabbits the "poor woman's alpaca."  Now I call them the "smart woman's alpaca."  Angora fiber is wonderful and blends fantastically with wool.   I put a towel on my lap and watch TV with the bunny while I gently brush out the loose angora with a tiny cat brush.  The process is painless and makes for a more comfortable bunny.   The angora/wool skeins in my handspun basket always sell first.  This baby is the sweetest little thing and runs over to the door of the cage to say hello when I walk by.  I can't wait for Luke to meet her.   Trying to come up with a name...

No comments: