Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Boys

There is a definite advantage to being a high school teacher.  I had three former students here yesterday helping me shear sheep.  They were a tremendous help.  I did not hear a single complaint all day - not even when I accidentally stuck Loren in the leg with a needle aimed at a struggling sheep.  I told him he might even benefit from the tetanus vaccine.  I've known Randy Dungey since I moved here and started at BOCES.  Randy helped build the home I live in.  Dimitries is new to the Maggie's Farm crew, having recently graduated, but he quickly figured out what we needed him to do.  The guys stayed after the shearing was over to help me do some mucking out of the barn floor.  Now I can open the door to the milk room!  It's the little things...

No comments: