Friday, June 22, 2012

Solstice Celebration

How lovely that the end of school coincides with the Summer Solstice.  I will name my newest baby goat kid, a little white buck, Puck.   Found him when I got home from work yesterday.  No worries about freezing babies at this time of year.  Angora goats take the heat beautifully - after all they are desert animals.  I think Monkey will give birth tonight or tomorrow.  Happy when it's over as she is not looking all that chipper.   Eric and family are on their way to his new post as the Scout Executive of the Pine Tree Council in Portland, Maine.  They will stop here for one night as they have to beat the movers to the new house in Gorham, Maine, ten miles away from the Boy Scout Council Eric is going to head up.  I'm staying home from the farmer's market tomorrow to get ready for their visit.  With rushing out to school and critters being born here and there, things have been sliding a bit.  I may be on vacation but I still have to hustle.  Happy Solstice everyone.  Now we begin the long decline to winter.  Doesn't seem right, as we just started summer.

No comments: