Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kimmie's Caps

Kimmie Cornerstone is knitting some lovely, fancy hats these days.  She had some on display at the CNY Fiber Artists festival over the weekend.  You can even purchase one of Kim's kits with lovely handspun designer yarn and directions to knit your own soft, warm hats.  Kim's hats have been keeping my brains warm for years now.  My current favorite is an orange earflapper knitted from my Rambouillet, but I also like a little greenish-brown skull cap that matches my Carhartt jacket.  I save the earflapper for below-zero temps.  I remember when Kim did not knit at all, preferring to crochet everything she made.  I'm glad she decided to pick up that second needle.  Kim knitted this manly cap for my shearer, Jim Baldwin, to thank him for the luscious Merino fleeces gifted us with.

No comments: