Friday, June 29, 2012

Hannah's Bag

We finished Hannah's bag today.  What fun it was to sew with my granddaughter.  My Oma would send me boxes of beautiful hand sewn dresses.  I still remember strings around the packages and black crayon writing on the paper grocery bags turned wrapping.  We never sewed together, and that's something I really want to share with my daughter and granddaughter.  Hannah was very patient, especially with the lining because, as my Southern mother from Georgia taught me, it has to look as pretty on the inside as the outside.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its' beautiful and so is the model!!!!
Lovely job Hannah :)

HUGS to all
Kim and the crew

Annie said...

Can't wait to see the bag (and Hannah!) in person. Things are moving ahead with the house, so things are looking good for you all to "come home to Maine!" in August. Have to hire a moving crew to unload the truck and will let you know ASAP when we'll have beds to sleep on!

Henya said...

It is wonderful to be able to share the things you love love with kids.

Anonymous said...

Hannah is blossoming into a lovely artist!! Nice bag!! Suzy