Friday, June 08, 2012

Come to the Fair

I have a lot of respect for shepherds who regularly transport their animals to shows.  I'm sure they have their act down pat.  It was quite a chaotic exercise for us whose animals never leave their barn and pasture.  I forgot how fast the six month old lambs are.  Mom is still nursing these Bluefaced Leicester/Border Leicester beauties and she is very upset.  I told her they are going to a lovely little farm in upscale Manlius where they will only have one very aged sheep and a horse to compete with.  If there is a horse there the hay will be fabulous.  My college professor friend is thrilled to get these wethers, who are bursting with very soft wool.  I don't usually offer sheep for sale, but Diane has been asking for BFL wethers for a couple of years, and I am very happy to accomodate her.  We are packing up for the CNY Fiber Artists and Producers Annual Showcase.  I know, very fancy name for a little country show, but the show is growing so fast the name will soon be appropriate.  If there is something you want in the way of fiber art, we probably have it, including some incredibly beautiful hand spun yarn from Maggie's Mother Fiber.  Commercial or mill spun just can't compete with this gorgeous art yarn.   Come out to the fair tomorrow and Sunday.  We are located on Route 20 in Bouckville, just five miles from Hamilton where Colgate University is located.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie....I apologize if I posted this under a different entry of yours....I had wanted it on this most recent one....I love your blog...you are so genuine! I was wondering if you only sell your wool at fairs and markets? Regards, Leslie

PS - How is that Little Miss Sadie?