Thursday, June 28, 2012

Making Stuff


Hannah started sewing her quilted bag pieces together today.  I taught her everything I know about locking seams, which way to point the pins, putting the next piece under the presser foot to avoid wasting thread, how to make the seam to seam pocket panels and sew them to the lining, and the cell phone pocket.  It was so much fun teaching Hannah all this.  After two or three hours of tedious work I could tell she was waning.  I asked if she would like to finish the bag tomorrow and she said yes.  Luke was working along side us with soap wrapping.  What a great worker he is.  If a square of cotton was not quite right he had me trim it. Luke kept up until the Lavender was wrapped and I told him to take it easy.  We'll do more tomorrow.  I'm getting ready for the market on Saturday.  Warmer weather today, with little breeze.  Should be a lovely weekend.

No comments: