Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Baby Diamond

I got close enough to little Diamond to pick her up tonight.  Mom saw me coming and gave her a warning whinny, but I snatched her up before the little darling could dash away.  Once cradled in my arms, she calmed down and settled in nicely.   What a fat, full tummy she has!  Mom is doing a good job of feeding her, but then the fields are covered with lush green grass.   I carried her inside to find my camera while mom snacked on cracked corn.  Angora goat babies love to be held, unlike lambs who are hard and bony and wiggle until you let them go.  Kids are soft and squishy, with lovely soft curls.  I cuddled and loved on her a bit before taking her back to mom, who was not all that upset with me after all.  Once on her feet, Diamond ran under mom to gobble down some milk - reassuring both of them that all is well.

No comments: