Friday, June 08, 2012

Sheep Show!

Yes, that's what I call it.  Our committee decided on the "Central New York Fiber Artists and Producers Annual Festival" but I call it a sheep show. We'll have five giant circus tents full of fiber producing animals and every variety of craft from their gifts imaginable.  The Butternut Hills Campground is located on Route 20 in Bouckville, the Antique Capital of New York State.   I took a personal day - thank you teacher's union - to set up my booths.  Kimmie Cornerstone is traveling south from Ontario to teach drop spindling and will be set up next to me.  A kiddie tent with a petting zoo and kid-crafts will entertain the kids while the grownups wander.  Matt Redmond is providing Sheep Security and Parking Supervision.  There will be a fair number of llamas and alpacas at the show, but we must remember that Wool is the Mother of All Fibers!   Come and see us at the fair!

No comments: