Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Jubilee

This little darling greets me in the barn every morning.  I have another angora goat baby, Diamond,  bouncing around the fields with her mother.  Diamond is jet black with some white spots on her.  Diamond was born in the barn and her mom took care of everything.  I decided to let her continue taking care of her baby since it looked like everything was going well.  Jubilee needed some help being born.  Mom was running around screaming with a tiny head and hooves peeking out the back.  Luckily I was home to assist.   Goats don't like interference with the birth process but I had to step in.  Nursing also went a little rough at first.  I think we are out of the woods now.  I adore angora goat kids.  They are so soft and cuddly, and love to be held as long as you don't walk too far away from mama.

No comments: