Thursday, February 18, 2010

What a Night


I so enjoyed the Games last night. Who could not marvel at Lindsey Vonn's courage and talent, bombing down that icy slope on those giant man-skiis after so many crashed before her. Would love to have seen that sturdy little bundaflicka, Anna Paerson, on the podium but she yard-saled big time. Shaun White was amazing with his big smile and red Farrah Fawcett hair, and Shani double golding with speed skating spiking the medal count. Big night for the US of A. Let's see if the skating judges will give Evan L. a fair score tonight against the Russian. I don't trust their judgement. Seems to me that the time clock is the only judge you can trust. The clock still says five-something so I think I will sit a little longer with my cup of coffee. My coffee maker is dieing and doesn't wet all the grounds,making the coffee weak. Weak coffee is disgusting to me. If I can see daylight through it I don't want it. I remember my Swedish Opa making coffee for me. It was "cowboy coffee," with no percolator insert. He just let the grounds boil for a while, then settle, then poured. There would always be grounds at the bottom of the cup. Okay, now I'm missing him again. He just didn't live long enough. I can still see him staring out the window saying wistfully, "yah, yah, yah" in his thick accent. Thinking about his many adventures maybe. Enough clouds in my coffee, it's a work day, as in go-to-work. Hope the roads are better.

No comments: