Friday, February 05, 2010

Fabulous Friday


Woke up with Billy Goat gently poking his little nose on my cheek, the signal to get up and feed me. He waits for me to move a little, or say something, before he asks me for food. What a good little Billy Goat! Tomorrow I'll put him up in the hay mow with the other goats for a while. He needs to eat hay and learn how to play with the other baby goats. It won't be pretty at first. Billy will be terrified. His world consists of humans, cats and dogs right now, in a heated apartment. I'll put his sweater on and make sure his belly is full. I know the other goat moms will butt him around because they don't recognize him, and because they are big bullies, but that's the way things are. I'm sure when Billy is a grown-up billy goat he will be a big bully himself, probably worse. The other babies are getting so fat I had to pull off their sweaters last night. Alfafa hay is very rich and makes them grow big and healthy. Movie day in school today. I only pick movies that teach them some kind of history lesson. I have a terrific movie from 1958, The Vikings, with Tony Curtis, Kirk Douglas and Janet Leigh. I can bet money they haven't seen it before, and I can be sure there are no F words, no private parts exposed, and no rated R sex scenes. It still has sex, drama, blood and guts, but in a Fifties format I can live with. Big snow storm headed for Washington. It's funny to see all the snow hit south of us. We've had a relatively light snow year. No real blizzards. Sssssshhhh! It can still happen big time...

No comments: