Sunday, February 21, 2010

Billy's Back


I decided to put Billy out in the barn for the weekend. When he knocked over my big mug of hot, foamy French Roast on Saturday morning that was it. The sweater went on and up in the hay mow he went. I brought his bottle to him and decided to leave him there for the night. This morning when I was out in the barnyard with the doggies I could hear Billy's bleatings. It was time for his morning bottle and the goat mommies were not offering to help him out. I climbed the ladder with his warm bottle, fed him and went back in the apartment. Later on this morning, in walked Matt with Billy in his arms. "I brought a surprise for you," he said. I sighed and said okay, Billy's back. Matt was worried about Billy and was sure that since he was out of sight he was surely out of my mind. The wind is howling and it's getting colder out there, but the hay mow has a nice bed of hay on the floor and alfafa bales for little goaties to munch on. I'll let him stay inside for the afternoon, but tough love is in order here, even if a big Billy Goat has a soft spot for a little Billy Goat.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

That is a cranky group of kitties! I love them for it.