Friday, February 05, 2010

One More Crop


Today Matt graduated another crop of weatherization workers from his "Boot Camp." He's loving it, and I'm kind of envious. He gets all kinds of accolades from all over the place. Next month he's "presenting" at "Affordable Comfort," a major national weatherization conference in Austin, Texas. All the years, money and energy I put into my college education and he rolls into this dream job of a lifetime. Not a lot of money involved, as he works for a non-profit group, but lots of education, fun and "giving back." I have to remind him once in a while that it was my idea to move to upstate New York where he found this fabulous new career. He says if he wins the Big Lotto he will keep his job and buy a farm for me closer to work, maybe Cazenovia. Yes, I could do Cazenovia with no problem. Maybe he could hire me a few Mexicans to help out and he could stay late at the office. Matt would be sooooo happy if he didn't have to work on the farm. He's going away next week to teach weatherization in NYC. I'm happy for him - teaching what he loves all day with a lavish lunch break, then relaxing at night in a sparkling clean hotel room where the only thing he has to lift is a remote control and the phone to call room service. I hope he gets a jacuzzi hot tub to soak his weary bones.

No comments: