Sunday, February 01, 2009

Gretchen's Spinning



Gretchen has been spinning some of my fiber to knit into mittens and use as samples of what customers can make. She spins on an Ashford Kiwi and gives my fiber just the right touch. I tend to overspin everything. Either I am tense about something or I'm watching something scary or upsetting on TV when I spin. I can't relax. The black mohair in this blend gives it such a nice sheen. The purple angora is sooo cool. The yellow yarn is from a roving I blended two years ago. I'm working on another yellow roving run now. Don't see too much yellow roving around. Thanks, Gretchen! (This is very gratifying for me 'cause I introduced her to spinning!) Gretchen teaches knitting for our BOCES adult school and is able to follow complex patterns. She thinks cables are fun...okay, if you say so.

No comments: