Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday Night Frolic


I picked up a very special package on the way home from work today - the hand-made tote bag Carol of Crayon Box Designs made for me to trade for wool. I will get a picture as soon as I can, because words can't describe this gorgeous bag. It is made of lots of multicolor patches, knitted from handspun yarn and sewn together, then felted. The lining is made from lots of patterns of heavy cotton fabric pieced together like a quilt. The handles are hand made from suede cloth. I'm going to try to get over to Freeville where Carol lives when I have mid winter vacation week after next. She wants to take me to Jo-Lee's discount fabric warehouse, where we can see which one of us is the more rabid fabric junkie. The competition will be very stiff.

I completely ran out of dog and cat food. Should have called Matt to bring some home but was so excited about my bag I forgot. Took me an hour to cook enough pasta and sauce for all of them, and they loved it. Cold and clear tonight with the waxing moon lighting up the snow. Venus was right up there shining like the Star of Bethlehem, then moved north and shrank to normal size. I love the winter sky. Last year this time we were waiting for the lunar eclipse, which took place on the 21st - Mia and AJ's birthday. Mia and I watched it, sitting outside in chairs, shivering under a blanket. It was spectacular and worth braving the cold. Mia has to work on her ward, Jefferson 5, on her birthday this year. The thrill of the Birthday Eclipse will have to last two years. I have a feeling her new boyfriend, Andrew, will make her birthday extra special this year, too.

No comments: