Monday, November 10, 2008

Ups and Downs


Arrived home after stopping for pig feed and cracked corn on the way. I had brought in my big bag of hand spun yarn, mine and Candace's, intending to wind some on my Strauch Big Ball Winder. To my horror, and I surprised myself with a spontaneous scream, the yarn was spread all over the apartment. As a yelled BAD DOG! BAD DOG! and scurried around picking up the yarn, the dogs that didn't burst out the door when I opened it pressed their bodies up against it for fear of suffering the wrath of the madwoman. Luckily, the skeins were shaken and lay in piles around the floor and on the sofa. They weren't shredded or pooped on. I cursed myself for not putting them in a rubbermaid tub before I left. I got the dogs outside and looked up the road to see Matt and AJ coming in the truck. AJ looks wonderful and the beard fits just fine. The dogs were ecstatic to see him, and the fear of being punished for the yarn episode made them attack him with joy (hoping for protection I think). He wanted to see The Piggies who were loose in the barn, roaming around, looking for food, chortling all the way. I don't know how they got over the barrier. I think they are especially atheletic and brave when they are hungry. I have to leave them more food during the day. Kelly reminded me that if a lamb is born and the pigs are loose, it might be bye-bye lamb! Oh, joy, something else to worry about. I cooked a big dinner for AJ and Matt, who is leaving on his trip tomorrow. I'm off for Vets Day and look forward to spending some quality time with my son. AJ wants to go to Barnes and Noble. I'm hoping to find Spin-Off, British Country Living, and Selvedge magazines. What a treat. AJ has to leave on Wednesday to go back to the seminary to catch up on school work. Only one day and I don't know when I'll see him again. The woodstove is making the heat in the apt. almost unbearable, and we're all groggy and sleepy. It's cold outside, but not quite cold enough to fire up this fire-breathing dragon.

No comments: