Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nuno Felting at the Opera House






I went to a nuno felting workshop today at the Earlville Opera House. Lisa Merian was teaching and three students were shepherds! It made for some lively ovine discussion between laying out fiber on silk fabric and rolling the tied up matts with our feet. One shepherd has 500 Dorsets just over the hill from me in Columbus, and another has Corriedales in South Otselic when she is not working as the Postmaster of the town. She invited me to her fiber guild which meets every other Wednesday night in South Otselic, but once I get home and do chores I do not usually venture out again. We'll see. Susann Carr, my new fiber friend from Earlville, brought some homemade leek/potato soup for lunch. We went home with gorgeous scarves. The process is very time consuming and labor intensive, but worth it. Take a look and see.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow! What will you do with all your gorgeous felt?! That's your purple felt, isn't it?

miaaviva said...

how beautiful!!!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Stunning :) Can Maggies Farm host a felting class next summer????
Would love to learn!
HUGS
Kim