Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Morning


Gray and misty. Woke up at 5, wound up in a doggie sandwich. With Matt back in the bed there is just no room to move at all. Decided to get up and make the most of my early morning "free time." Matt got home last last night and brought me Starbucks coffee from his trip, and told me I could have him for only one day this weekend. He's going to work on the Strack's place across the road and I have a felting workshop with Lisa Merian at the Earlville Opera House tomorrow. Oh, what fun that will be. I want to learn nuno felting, and make some scarves to display with the kits that I sell. Lisa is a world-class teacher and I'll get to spend some time with my friends Candace and Susan, working with fiber from 10-3, what heaven. Too much to do on the farm, but I have to go out and "play" sometime. I've been in fiber isolation here on the farm for three years and need to rub elbows with some like-minded people. Maybe I will be re-enthused about what I am doing here, as I am wondering more and more how long I can keep this insanity up. Andrew and Loren came at just the right time, as I felt myself drowning in work and "overhead." The full moon last night was absolutely stunning. Wispy black clouds streaming past the glowing orb, just over the top of the ridge. The tiny light in the trees told me the hunter is in his cabin. Deer season starts this weekend, get ready for the blasts. Many of my students will be absent next week. I have to wash a week's worth of dishes, sew bags, wash clothes, shear goats, make soap and creme. Don't know how I'm going to do it all. Will have to go back to work to get some rest.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Oh I've wanted to learn that style of felting for some time!! Let me know how it was -would love to see some done!
HUGS
Kim