Sunday, November 30, 2008

Slushy


Icy rain all day. The roads are covered with ice. Back to work tomorrow. Gee, these four days weekends are tough. I cooked a lot and got three bags done. The fourth one is still on the machine. I made a fresh batch of hand creme this afternoon before going to my computer session. John fixed my computer and it's working better than ever. He added Dreamweaver software and is teaching me how to manage my web site. Today I learned how to compress the pictures I take for posting to the site. The more I learn from John the more I realize how much I need to learn about computers. He is making templates for me to fill with text and pictures on my web site. I hope to be changing the pages next week. We went to Early's hardware yesterday and bought panels to make into hay feeders. Hope to get that done this week. Too much hay on the barn floor. Every blade of grass is precious. I had a conversation with Hannah and Luke from California. Eric sent pictures of them playing on the beach in San Jose. Hard to believe I am flying there in 3 weeks. I asked Hannah what she wanted for Christmas and she told me to bring her some of the same "ice cream cone" candies I sent her for Easter. Darned if I can remember any ice cream cone candies. I'll think of something. I just put away enough turkey/vegetable soup to keep us healthy all winter, along with turkey and gravy over cranberry/apple stuffing. My no-meat lifestyle has evolved into eating only local, naturally raised animals. Matt is much happier this way. Now I have to figure out how to get all this weight off me from eating too much rice and cheese. I know AJ is disappointed. In Orthodox Christianity eating meat is prohibited on certain holidays and is restricted in general. They consider meat something that sparks a person's passions causing them to lose control. Very interesting. I couldn't find a platter to cook the turkey in so I used my wok. Worked perfectly. I made a ton of turkey vegetable soup and a few casseroles of stuffing, turkey and stuffing. Comfort food that sticks to the ribs in the freezing cold of upstate New York.

No comments: