Sunday, November 09, 2008

So Much to Do


...and such little time. After the shearing and serving Mattie his dinner (number one on the list of wifely duties) I was done in. I wound some skeins on my new toy - a Strauch jumbo ball winder. What a neat tool. I plan on putting together some mitten and scarf kits to put in my Etsy store. I have to get some bags together for the Earlville Opera House show which begins Nov. 28. What a fabulous gathering of artists and crafters that show is. I was aghast when I walked in last year. Central New York is filled with talented people. I don't make any money there, as I don't think they get a whole lot of traffic, but it's nice to be included. There are continous Veterans' Day observances on TV today. It started out as Armistice Day, on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month and ended WWI. I wonder why they kept on killing even though that time was set up to end it? How primitive and hateful we are to love killing so much. We don't have school on Tuesday so I'll be able to spend the day with one of my favorite veterans, my son AJ. I haven't seen him in six months, and didn't realize it until he reminded me. I've gotten used to him being away with the Army or in school, and will love having him all to myself.

No comments: