Friday, March 07, 2008

Wet and Cold


Got home just in time for rain/snow, or what they like to call "wintry mix" to start. Let the doggies out, feed the bottle lambs, mix some more, feed the supplemental bottle lambs out in the barn, feed the kitties the food I bought for them on the way home, clean up after the doggies in the apt., bring some things in from the truck, make fresh coffee and dinner. Whew! The night has just begun. I like to watch Chris Matthews and Hardball, then the NBC evening news. I feel like a heel not watching Katie Couric on CBS, but I don't enjoy watching her do the news. I watched her on the TODAY show for years, which was a good fit for her. It brought out her personality so well. The news doesn't show her spark, and when I see her so serious and business-like I wish she had never left the Today show. I do enjoy watching Obama squirm a little, now that is knows he doesn't have it all wrapped up. Not that I am a real political junkie, but I am a long-time Democrat and love the way the party is coming back to life. John Kerry was the wrong candidate last time. Now we have two that can win just fine. McCain is a good guy, but he's already getting cranky and short-tempered. Just think what he'll be like by November. And a hundred more years in Iraq? I don't think I want my grandson, Luke, fighting over there. The Republicans would continue to drag the country down, down, down. I showed the kids in English the movie Jeremiah Johnson today. They loved it. All the mountain back woods stuff, complete with grizzly bears and shooting deer. They cheered whenever Robert Redford bagged one. Believe me, that was not something I enjoyed watching...but with this class I was willing to try anything. What beautiful scenery in that movie. I had not watched it in years. Wouldn't it be nice to have a big screen TV to see those Rocky Mountain vistas. Maybe someday...Off to chores in the barn and sack out on the sofa with the doggies.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I was disappointed with John Kerry last election. He just couldn't say what he thought and stick to it. Such a shame. The Republicans really capitalized on his indecision and I think that was what did him in with all the voters. He just changed his ideas too often for people to know what he was about. I still don't know.