Saturday, March 01, 2008

Tommy Boy


Tommy Boy has not gotten much attention this winter. He's in an area for intact males away from the rest of the sheep and goats. I don't think he minds. He still has friends to push around, and there are no females begging him for you-know-what. One of the new does from NJ decided she wanted Tommy Boy and stood by the fence to his pen with her back up to it. I think she was hoping for a miracle - in reality, some mating does occur that way. But not this time, I hope. Tommy Boy is what we call "bred out." Lots of goaties running around with TB's blue eyes. None of them are growing to his stature, though. I only had a few goats when he was growing up and I fed them lots of alfalfa hay and grain. It really does make a difference.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Farmers are cool dude

Adam said...

Farmers are cool dude

Kathleen said...

Tommy Boy looks great. Look at those horns! Wow! What will you do with him now that he's got all those babies running around? Surely there are some unrelated does available? Or maybe offer him for outside breedings?

Maggie's Farm said...

I don't know what to do with TB...but I'm afraid to farm him out. I don't want anything to happen to him. He's getting on in years...and I love to take pictures of him!