Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hay Day


Bad weather coming next three days so I went to get hay tonight. Picked up some in my little red Ranger on the way home and went back with the big trailer to get more. I have a landscape trailer with walls built around it. It's served me very well and I used it for moving up here a year and a half ago. The weather is gorgeous today, sunny, crisp and cool with a hint of spring. Freezing rain and snow coming tomorrow afternoon. Got 65 bales, enough for 4 days. Brought it back to the farm and sent it up the elevator. The sun was almost down and the stars were popping out one by one, with a few planets in between. Pink jet streams crossed the sky here and there. It was just what the doctor ordered after being trapped in a school that is way too hot. They don't worry about saving energy. Many of the staff are bare armed and the kids wear tee shirts and flip flops. The kids in English were much better today. Different alignment of the planets? There is always a crisis or two going on - this is alternative education after all. I'm very relieved about Hillary winning three more states. Even if she loses to Obama now at least it won't be quite the abysmal defeat she might have suffered if he won all four states on Tuesday. Better get my chores done now, slinging bales made me nicely tired.

No comments: