Friday, March 21, 2008

Bye, Bye Mommy


Pinky, Winky, Magnus and two others went to live with Uncle Steve and Aunt Kelly today. They look a little confused in this picture of them in Kelly's van. They will be in a heated garage/barn until they are weaned and can join the flock at the 500 acre horse farm where Kelly and Steve work. I know they will be properly taken care of and their bellies full. Lots of time and milk replacer have gone into those babies and I didn't want them to go to just anybody. I will still be mixing bottles for two goat kids and three ewe lambs whose mothers don't seem to have a lot of milk. They are out with the flock so the little pen will be empty. Matter of fact, let me get some bottles ready now.

2 comments:

Nathan's Farm said...

Oh maggie you would propbally be like me and want to let them go before they do it so wrong but i geuss it's life i mean i know it has to happen to the boys but not in front of me! I hope your going to have a great easter! how many lambs have you gotten rid of? I'm looking so long for a southdown you have any idea's?

Anonymous said...

Off they go to a new life and new flock. Steve and Kelly will be wonder grandparents and I'm sure they will love the farm. And it's all because you started their lives with the best love ever --- they will always have a special twinge of knowledge of their lovely "momma".
You're an angel of love!