Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mother Daughter Visit






On Saturday morning I dashed away to visit Mia in Morristown.   The weather was beautiful for driving.  When going through Mt. Upton I spied a hay wagon in front of a barn.  It had some very green second cut hay piled high with a sign that said For Sale.  Thinking I would bring home a tasty bale for Miss Mamie and the twins (always thinking about feeding sheep) I pulled over.  The farmer's wife came out and helped me squeeze two bales into the trunk of Matt's little Saturn.  I motored on and met Mia in a coffee shop on South Street.  Morristown is replete with little coffee and ice cream shops, with puffy sofas and chairs to linger and read, or do some people watching.  We moved to two or three of them while chatting about this and that and basically catching up.  We ate sushi at my favorite restaurant, Nagano, which is still in the same walk up space just off the town square.  Kim Leinker, Mia's ER nurse friend, graciously offered to put us up in her cozy apartment right in town.  Up early Sunday morning to hit the Garden State Parkway and head "down the shore."  I was so hoping to spend at least one day on the beach this summer, tough to do when one lives inland and is tied to the farm. 

No comments: