Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Home to Maine


Hannah and Luke are safely delivered back to their loving parents.  We packed up and set out for Gorham, Maine, on Saturday morning.  Annie and Eric spent the day unloading the giant trailer holding all their worldly goods into the new home on Settlers Way in the Fort Hill section of Gorham, near Portland.  I wish I could have kept the kids longer but they missed mom and dad and with the house secured it was time to return them.  I'm very lucky to have had them as long as I did.  There were, miraculously, no injuries, no trips to the ER, not even a fever.  Hannah and Luke are the easiest kids in the world to keep and I enjoyed them so much.  The trip took us around seven hours, with rest stops, etc.  The weather was great and it was all systems go.  Annie was waiting on the front porch for us and it was hugs and kisses all around as the kids ran into her arms.

No comments: