Monday, June 11, 2012

Travelling Sheep

I don't usually bring live sheep to a festival.  It's an enormous undertaking to bring my wool, soap, creme, yarn, Bundaflicka totes and photos.  The animals require another trailer to transport them, and another space to house them, with panels to keep them contained yet visible.  Then there's the food, water and hay they need for the weekend.  Pam Haendle really wanted me to bring sheep to our new festival and I told her I would.  I was very proud to display Nicholas, Joseph and Robin, Bluefaced Leicester/Border Leicester crosses, all born around Christmas.  A sheep tour came through and I was able to talk to the patrons about the Leicester breeds and the British Longwools.  The sheep were very well behaved, and didn't try to jump over the 3 foot hog panels we used to house them. 

No comments: