Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gorgeous

I'm happily rushing around trying to make some sense out of this place before Eric, Annie, Hannah and Luke arrive tomorrow.  I don't know why I'm even trying to make sense as it is impossible to make any sense out of this place.  I thought when I bought a 20,000 square foot barn that I would have enough room for all my "stuff" but even stuff requires storage facilities like walls, cabinets, etc.  Fortunately my family knows what my life is like here on the farm and they love me anyway.  My son is taking his family from one beautiful home in Dallas to another near Portland, Maine, where he will head up the Pine Tree Council of the Boy Scouts of America.  While the paperwork is going through they will stay at a local Boy Scout camp to save money.  Even tiny little Mom and Pop motels in southern Maine charge a hundred dollars a day in the summer.  Hannah and Luke will stay with Omi until the moving is done and the family is settled in the new house. I haven't seen my grandchildren in a year and I am very excited.  Hannah's Celebrity Trailer is all cleaned and ready for her, complete with little white Italian restaurant lights and candles.  The "guest" room has long ago been taken over by fabric and fiber.   Monkey has not given birth yet, lucky for me as I can concentrate on filling boxes and hiding them in various places.  The temperature is a lovely 70 - 80 F. with beautiful sunshine.  Hope it stays this way for our camp fires and sitting by the pond.  The sunsets have been so lovely the last few nights, with hummingbirds buzzing around our heads and fireflies flitting about like little fairies.   Better get to work.

No comments: