Monday, January 02, 2012

Cabinets, Interrupted

Matt built this cabinet unit and got it mounted today, but has decided that it is not perfectly straight and wants to take it down and rehang it.  I think it looks fine, but he says he won't be able to live with a crooked cabinet.  It's off less than an inch, but that's too much.  With the barn ceiling and walls a little less than perfectly aligned, it's tough to get anything to line up.  I'm very excited about my cabinets which will alleviate much of the clutter in the kitchen.  I would like to have doors on the unit, but the lower cabinets are store bought stock grade and it would be tough to match them with this lovely real maple wood Matt used.  I have so many lovely hand made pottery pieces that I'd like to show off.  We'll see...

No comments: