Saturday, November 10, 2007

Llamas Come Home






This was the scene as I drove to work on Thursday morning when the boys pretended not to see me. This morning, however, when snow was covering the grass and leaves they love to eat, they must have thought of their cozy barn and sweet grass hay their people put out for them. There were the runaway llamas, waiting by the barnyard gate. I had purchased a bag of cracked corn to go after them in the field with, but instead I brought a bucket out to them at the gate just in case they changed their minds. Ohhhhh, were they happy to see the corn (forget about me!) Little Monkey (aka Velvet) was right behind me and joined in the maize euphoria. Good thing the other sheep and goats didn't see us, or there would have been a stampede! I finally put the corn down, and Monkey took the opportunity to dig in while Chris and Breeze made snotty faces at each other, llama style, one step away from spitting. My upscale well-bred llamas don't usually spit, but when corn is involved they think about it!

No comments: