Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Feet



Lynne, of Sockladyspins fame, sent me these socks along with socks I ordered from her. She said they came out smaller than she planned and could I find someone with little feet and skinny legs that might be able to use them. I have been resisting doing that because they are just so gorgeous to look at and thought I might hang them on my Christmas tree. Well...I pulled them on my own feet this morning and guess what? These socks have a home!! The wool stretched beautifully and with Lynne's expert engineering pattern-wise I can wear them just fine. And they match my favorite pair of shoes!!! Teachers and students are still going sockless at BOCES but with snow on the ground I think its SOCK TIME! Yippee!! I have a collection of Lynne's socks now and won't I be the Cat's Meow. I haven't bought a lot of clothes for myself this year - just a new pair of jeans and some turtlenecks at Wal-Mart. I prefer to go shopping at Chez Tractor Shed, although most of my clothes are smaller sizes. Lynne lives in the mountains of British Columbia and only gets mail twice a week. People up there rely on each other as help with any kind of emergency is hours away. Lynne is all stocked up with provisions for winter, and has been for some weeks now. She has a PG Supercard and lots of fiber to play with and has hunkered down for the duration of the winter already. Just the kind of life I envisioned for myself when I moved up here. I keep telling Matt we didn't move far enough away from civilation. He says we live in the middle of nowhere, but I don't think so. Last night the power went out on the other side of the valley, and I had a glimpse of what it might be like to really live in the way back yonder. Lynne likes it just fine, and has the Canadian Rockies to rest her eyes on when she looks out the window. Must be breathtaking indeed.

No comments: